By: Mrs. FrugalEnginerds
Being new parents, we rarely have time to sit down for a proper meal at home and when we do, I try very my best to make it quick, efficient, and delicious. Sometimes I find myself making dishes that I don’t necessarily craved but rather upon availability, and to our delight, our meals turn out quite satisfying. One of our favorites is steak salad. It’s a well-balanced meal with just the right amount of veggies and proteins.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Steak Salad, serves 2
Prep time: 5 minutes, cook time: 7-10 minutes
Easy steak recipe:
- 14 oz sirloin New York Steak
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. of pepper
- ½ tbsp. of granulated ground garlic
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Marinate steak with the above ingredients, rub evenly, and store it in a zip-loc bag, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (sometimes I skip this step if time is limited, or at best, marinate only for 10 minutes).
- Sear each side of steak on a hot griddle for the marks. Leave each side for 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, once steak is marked, bake it at 400°F for 7-10 minutes, depending on your doneness preference. I put ours for 10 minutes, yields to medium well.
- Remove steak, let it cool for another 10 minutes before cutting. This process allows for the meat to retain its juiciness.
- You can either use store bought premixed salad dressing or make something from scratch. I prefer my own dressing and here’s my easy recipe:
- 2 tbsp. of balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- ½ tbsp. of pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
Mix well in a bowl and serve over mixed greens. Garnish with fried onion or walnuts.
|NY steak – 14 oz @ $7.99/lb||$6.99||NY steak salad, 2 entrées @ $12.99 each||$25.98|
|Romaine lettuce – 2 heads @ $0.70 each||$1.40||tax (10%)+ tips (15%)||$6.50|
|Avocado – 1 whole||$0.80||TOTAL||$32.48|
|Tomato – 1 whole||$0.20|
|tax + tips||$0.00|